In the digital age, monetizing your online presence is a crucial aspect of running a successful blog or website. One of the most popular ways to achieve this is through Google AdSense, a service that allows website publishers to earn money by displaying targeted ads. This comprehensive guide will walk you through the process of getting AdSense approval for your Blogger or website.
What is Google AdSense?
Google AdSense is a service provided by one of the world's largest companies, Google. It offers a free and straightforward way for website publishers of all profiles to monetize their online content. AdSense works by matching text and display ads to your site based on its content and the visitors it attracts.
Advertisers pay different prices for different ads, meaning the amount you earn will vary. Essentially, companies pay Google to display their ads, and Google, in turn, offers sites the opportunity to publish these ads. With each click on the ad, you earn a certain percentage of the cost.
Avoiding Account Cancellation
Adsense approval requirements
Pasting Your Ad Code in HTML
|Click to enlarge.|
The first requirement is to ensure that your ad code is complete and accurate. Once you've generated the ad code, you need to paste it into the HTML of your Blogger or website. Place your ad code below the <head> tag of your page without making any changes. This allows Google to verify your site and ensure it's ready for ad placement.
2. Ensuring Your Site is Reachable
Google frequently reviews websites for functionality and accessibility. If your site isn't working or loading correctly, it could hinder your AdSense approval. Also, if your site is password-protected, you need to temporarily remove the login screen so that Google can access your site. This is particularly important for websites where content is inaccessible until you log in.
If your site is password-protected, you need to temporarily remove the login screen so that google can access your site. It's only for websites where you do not have access to content until you log in to the site.
Crawlers and Indexing
Also, be careful not to block the indexing of your blogger/website in the robot.txt file to avoid indexing issues.
See more details about robot.txt and optimizing blogger for crawlers and indexing.
3. Compliance with Google Policies
Your site must comply with Google's policies. Violations that could prevent you from getting AdSense approval include low-value content, replicated content, and poor site navigation.
Ensure your content is well-written, original, and valuable to your users. AdSense doesn't require a large volume of content, but it must be high quality. Aim to write at least ten quality posts with a minimum of 1000-1500 words each.
Your content must also be unique and not repetitive across different pages of your site. If the same content is replicated on your pages or other sites, your site will not be approved.
Lastly, your users should be able to navigate your site easily. You can achieve this by categorizing your content using menu bars. Remember, Google reviews all the pages, not just the URL where you placed the ad code.
page on your site. These pages are crucial as they outline how you handle user
data and the rules users must agree to when using your site. You can create
these pages for free with various online tools.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Google AdSense a free?
Yes, you may join Google AdSense for free.
How do I get my AdSense account fully approved?
- Check that your site complies with the AdSense program's guidelines. You must be at least 18 years old and have an active Gmail account that is not tied to an AdSense account in order to participate.
- Having a site with 10 or more high quality content.
- Go to https://www.google.com/adsense/start and create an Adsense account.
- Copy and paste the AdSense code onto your website.
- It may take a few days, or perhaps two weeks, for your application to be approved.
How long does it take for an AdSense account to be approved?
The length of time it takes to receive approval varies. Approval can take as little as 12-48 hours, but it usually takes two weeks.
How do you know if my Adsense is approved?
By entering into your AdSense dashboard, you may check if your AdSense account has been approved. You'll then see statistics for the ads that are currently running on your site.
Why would you need an AdSense account?
- Monetize Your Website or Blog: If you own a website or blog that generates a significant amount of traffic, you can use AdSense to display ads on your site and earn money. AdSense allows you to display targeted ads that are relevant to your content or your site's visitors.
- Monetize Your YouTube Channel: If you have a YouTube channel with a substantial number of views and subscribers, you can use AdSense to earn money from your videos. Once you've linked your YouTube channel to your AdSense account, ads can be displayed on your videos, and you'll earn money when viewers interact with these ads.
- User-Friendly Platform: Google AdSense is known for its user-friendly interface. It provides detailed reports about ad performance, earnings, and user engagement, which can help you optimize your ad strategy.
- Control Over Ads Displayed: With AdSense, you have control over the types of ads that appear on your site. You can block certain ad categories and choose where ads appear on your site.
- Access to a Large Ad Network: AdSense is part of Google's vast ad network, which includes many advertisers looking for spaces to display their ads. This means that there's a good chance of finding advertisers relevant to your content, leading to higher click-through rates and, consequently, higher earnings.
Getting AdSense approval for your Blogger or website can seem daunting, but by following these guidelines, you can simplify the process. Remember, the key is to ensure that your site is compliant with Google's policies, your content is original and valuable, and your site is easily navigable and accessible.